RV Buying Tips
In life, we have to make a lot of purchases. We buy houses, cars, toiletries, food and so on. However, buying an RV is one of those major purchases because it serves as an investment and at the same time a perfect tool in helping you see the beauty of nature. As it is considered to be a major purchase, one needs to carefully examine each and every detail of the RV that you want to buy.
1. First thing that you need to do is to check the RV carefully. If you are not sure about your mechanical skills, you can seek help of an RV expert or highly qualified mechanic to help you with it. This will prevent hassle and misleading in case the RV that you are eyeing to buy needs major repairs and the like.
2. You need to bear in mind that haggling is an art. Whether it is an RV that you want to buy or a car, you are free to haggle. Get quotes from several local dealers as it will give you a better view of the pricing. Most sellers are willing to lower down their rates and prices if they sense a tough competition around the corner.
3. Check the RV’s warranty. If it is still on warranty, be particular on its length and the things that it covers. If the RV happens to be out of warranty, consider Good Sam’s Club’s Continued Service Plan as it will surely help in putting your mind at ease about facing possible accidents that may occur.
4. To get the actual feel of the RV that you want to buy, consider renting. Rent for a week or so an RV similar to the one that you want to purchase. This will give you a clear view about the ups and downs of the RV. You will have an idea about its mileage, its feel, its interiors and the like. After your rental and you feel that you can live with it, go ahead and purchase the one that you have been eyeing for quite a while.
5. To ensure the quality of the RV, carefully inspect every crannies and corners. Remember that most RVs are covered by the warranty on the first year only. So if you are buying an old RV, be sure to check everything most especially its warranty.
The decision to acquire an RV has a lot of weight. Therefore, checking and double checking everything is worth the effort and time as you get to save a lot in the long run. For RV’s that are already out of warranty, Good Sam’s Club Extended Service Plan can be your best shot.
Latest posts by Tine (see all)
- EverGreen: Taking Lightweight Towable RVs To A Higher Level - April 6, 2012
- Renegade’s Ikon Featured at Good Sam Rally in Phoenix - April 5, 2012
- Increase In Snowbird Interest in Arizona - April 4, 2012
No Comments Yet
You can be the first to comment!